OrthAlign, Inc. Exceeds 2015 Sales Forecasts and Continues Impressive Growth, Including Milestone Achievement 40,000th KneeAlign® Total Knee Arthroplasty Case
Aliso Viejo, CA – January 25, 2016 – OrthAlign, Inc., a privately held U.S.-based medical device company developing precision technologies, announced today that it exceeded its total 2015 sales forecasts, growing by more than 50% versus 2014. OrthAlign has exceeded sales forecasts for the past three years.
Additionally, OrthAlign technology achieved another major milestone by completing its 40,000th KneeAlign® Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA) case. This milestone reflects the continuing and rapid adoption of OrthAlign’s precision alignment technology by surgeons throughout the world.
KneeAlign provides precise tibial and femoral alignment technology in a simple, palm-sized, single-use device and is compatible with all implant systems. It is highly accurate for overall mechanical, tibial, and femoral component alignment in TKA and compares favorably to large-console Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS) systems. KneeAlign now has nine published clinical studies validating its accuracy and simple use.
2015 Key Selected Highlights:
- OrthAlign technology received Frost & Sullivan’s prestigious 2015 “Technology Innovation Award in Orthopaedic Alignment”.
- Gary Henley, former President, Chief Executive Officer, and Board Member of United Orthopedic Group and former President and Chief Executive Officer of Wright Medical Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: WMGI) joined OrthAlign’s Board of Directors as Executive Chairman.
- OrthAlign’s international revenue grew by 80% versus 2014.
- OrthAlign Plus® was launched in the United States and Australia for use in Total Hip Arthroplasty (cup placement, leg length, and joint offset) surgeries, specifically for the posterior approach.
- OrthAlign entered the European market, partnering with Lima Corporate to make KneeAlign technology available for Total Knee Arthroplasties throughout the European Union.
- Jamy Gannoe, former Chief Technology Officer for Extremity Medical and Orthofix Spine, joined OrthAlign as Chief Technology Officer, focusing on OrthAlign’s commitment to develop and deliver new technologies to the global marketplace of orthopedics.
- Limited User Release phase of OrthAlign Plus for use in Total Hip Arthroplasty surgeries, specifically for the anterior approach, commenced
- Development for OrthAlign’s Unicondylar Knee Replacement product UniAlignTM commenced
“Our 2015 performance reflects the continued recognition and growth of our unique technology in theglobal marketplace. Strategically, we had focused on three key areas for growth: surgeon education, new products, and international expansion,” said William E. Maya, OrthAlign’s Chief Executive Officer.
“OrthAlign’s growth continues to accelerate and we are excited to share more forthcoming good news in 2016.”
About OrthAlign, Inc.
OrthAlign is a privately held medical device and technology company, committed to providing orthopedic surgeons with cutting edge, user-friendly, surgical navigation products for precise alignment and positioning. We believe that our technology will raise the standard of care in Total Knee and Total Hip Arthroplasty surgeries by making consistent and measurable results accessible to all surgeons, hospitals, and patients. Our strategy is to leverage this technology to provide simple and precision-driven solutions for a broad range of orthopedic procedures. For more information regarding OrthAlign, please visit www.orthalign.com.
“ORTHALIGN®, ORTHALIGN PLUS®, KNEEALIGN®, and KNEEALIGN® 2 are [registered] trademarks of OrthAlign, Inc.”